I grew up eating pumpkin bread, you know, the recipethat came off the back of Libby's pumpkin. ;) After years and years of trying to eat healthier and with no refined sugar or wheat, I knew I had to switch it up. We've made this bread for the last 3 years and I officially love it more than the original.
A few notes...
I use almond meal from Trader Joe's. It's not super fine, so be sure to get the blanched fine almond flour for less crunch and texture.
The bread isn't crazy sweet like a dessert, so if you would like it to be simply add more maple syrup.
The salt in the recipe is for more of a savory flavor as well, so feel free to do a little less to focus on the sweetness.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3-4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease one bread pan with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
3. Add all dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix until blended.
4. Combine all wet ingredients, including pumpkin purée to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
i hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Original recipe from www.draxe.com