2 cups fine ground blanched almond flour (I used Trader Joe's)
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
2. In a small bowl, whisk coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
3. Add oil mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well-blended and smooth. Spoon the dough into the center of a large piece of parchment and wax paper. Wrap into a disc shape.
CHILL in the refrigerator at least for 1 HOUR.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degree. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. Roll the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of oarchment paper. Place the rolled out dough into the freezer for 5 minutes. (Makes it easier to cut out shapes.)
6. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes; transfer shapes to prepared cookie sheet. Chill the cookie shapes for 5 minutes in freezer. (It helps them hold shapes while baking.)
7. Bake 9-12 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely.
CHILL DOUGH BETWEEN BATCHES.
8. Open can of coconut milk and spoon out cream, leave the "milk". You can save it for smoothies or coffee creamer.
9. Whisk or use a mixer to add in honey until blended. Transfer to a piping bag OR a plastic ziplock bag. Chill. Cut corner of ziplock to pipe into cookies.
Original recipe from www.powerhungry.com