I've been getting requests for more of my fitness tips. I'll be working to throw in some practical behind the scenes ways that I find balance in workouts, food, and my priorities.
Working out to me is more about being ready to serve God than how I look. I want to be able-bodied and capable to do whatever it is that God calls me to do. I strive for discipline, balance, and most of all, peace. For these reasons, I need to make them no-fuss, minimal hassle. The goal is to get it done and enjoy it as much as I can. :)
Here are 5 tips:
1. Plan ahead. If I don't know my workout plan for the next 4-6 weeks, I won't progress properly and will not see results. My July plan is to do a mix of Pilates, yoga, and barre. If you need help with a plan, head over and fill out my Fitness Community form.
2. Actually schedule it in your calendar. Pick the time of day and a backup to be safe. From my experience, if it isn't in my calendar I will make too many excuses and miss my workout.
3. Set a weekly workout goal. For instance, my goal for the month of July is 5 workouts a week. This way, I can work around my life's schedule and set a make-up day. Life happens.
4. Make it visible! I mark my workouts in my calendar with yellow washi tape. You can also pick a color marker. Some people like to pin their calendar to their bathroom mirror or wall, so that it is a constant reminder.
5. Try something new. If you consistently don't workout when you get home from a day at the office, then maybe you need to workout before work. Hate mornings? Me too, but would you rather feel better and more energized all day or dread going home and skipping another workout?