I am always looking for finger foods for Calista and I read that pancakes are a great one. We love this gluten free recipe from the Fixate cookbook.
1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour (I ground up so rolled oats for oat flour)
3 tsp. Baking powder
1 dash Himalayan pink salt
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 large egg
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
5 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Combine dry ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine wet ingredients; whisk to blend.
3. Add flour mixture to almond milk mixture; whisk until no lumps. (Note: The baking powder makes it rise, so don't stir again or you will lose the fluffiness.)
4. Heat large nonstick pan over medium heat.
5. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto pan; cook 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form on the edges. (In my experience, the longer the better.) Flip and cook 90 seconds.
6. Continue with remaining batter.
We keep some in the refrigerator for snacks and pre workout fuel. Enjoy!
For more delicious, clean recipes from Fixate send me a message. The cookbook has 101 recipes to pair with 21 Day Fix. We love it.