One of my very first jobs was serving at a Mexican restaurant in Louisiana. I loved it, but it did spoil me on good food. So, for years, I've avoided enchiladas and carne asada and shrimp fajitas, because nothing is quite as good. Well, a friend recently sent this to me and I fell in love.
3-4 chicken breasts, shredded. (I put mine in the crockpot with a can of Rotel tomatoes on high for 4 hours, then shredded.)
1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added. 15.5 ounces (Again, I used Rotel... spicy is good. :))
1/2 cup of salsa
1/2 large onion, diced
1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt (I use Chobani.)
10 yellow corn tortillas (La Tortilla Factory is my fave.)
1 tsp olive oil
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded (I've also done it with sharp cheddar and it's delicious.)
1 packet or drop of stevia
1 tsp pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until onion is translucent.
3. Add diced tomatoes without draining. Cover and simmer on low until everything starts falling apart. (Approximately 15 minutes)
4. While tomatoes cook, spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. (I use the Trader Joe's coconut oil.)
5. Heat your tortillas, 3-4 at a time, by placing them between 2 damp paper towels and microwaving for 30-45 seconds.
6. In each tortilla, use a tbsp of cheese, then fill with chicken making sure to not over-stuff or you won't be able to roll it. :) Once rolled, place fold down in your pan.
7. Back to the sauce. Add salsa, greek yogurt, stevia, and pink salt. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
8. Place sauce in blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Immediately pour over enchiladas.
9. Cover with remaining cheese.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
For my 21 Day Fixers:
2 enchiladas= 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow, and 1 Blue.