Y’all know I’m all about my chocolate muffins, but the other day I seriously needed blueberry ones in my life. I couldn’t find a recipe that wasn’t butter, refined sugar, and unhealthy. I ended up finding a recipe, making some tweaks and over the past few weeks have come up with this delicious recipe.
1/3 cup honey and/or maple syrup (I generally do half + half)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use coconut milk)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (Be sure it’s almost above the 1/2 cup line)
1.5 cups oat flour (grind up old-fashioned oatmeal in the food processor until fine powder)
1.25 cups whole wheat flour (can use gluten-free)
.25 cups ground flaxseed meal (can skip this and just add .25 cups of whole wheat flour for a total of 1.5 cups)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pink salt
1.25 cups blueberries (can use frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray generously with coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl, mix almond milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, which honey/syrup, eggs and melted coconut oil.
4. In another bowl, mix whole wheat flour, oat flour, flax seed, baking powder, cinnamon, + salt.
5. Whisk half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Then add half of the almond milk mixture until just combined. Whisk in remaining dry ingredients + finish by adding the remaining milk mixture. Do not overmix.
6. Fold in blueberries and scoop into pan. Should be VERY full.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes. Make sure the edges are golden brown and they are done in the center.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my entire family does. Happy baking!