Getting back on track today after a carb and cheese fun-filled weekend. your body is used to pretty clean foods, it means the sooner you get back on track the better. I tried this one-pan balsamic chicken to get in as many veggies as possible. My hubs and I both loved it and I think it's a great option for those of you who struggle to get veggies in. So many people tell me that they don't just want to eat boring chicken and veggies to lose weight, and I totally understand. The recipe is proof that you chicken and veggies doesn't have to be boring or take a ton of time in the kitchen. 😘
The original recipe calls for asparagus and tomatoes, but I'm still restocking my fridge so we had carrots and zucchini.
3-4 chicken breasts, cut into tenders
2-3 cups of veggies, your choices
1-2 tbsp EVOO
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Italian dressing
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp red chili flakes
1. Cook chicken in a large skillet, medium high heat with salt, pepper, and olive oil. About 5 minutes each side or until done.
2. While chicken is cooking, mix up your sauce and prep your veggies.
3. When chicken is cooked through, add half the sauce to pan and coat chicken. Promptly remove and set aside, leaving sauce in the pan.
4. Add veggies, coat in sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy tender.
5. Add remainder of sauce and chicken back to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!!!