I’ m starting two businesses.
Did your jaw just drop? Mine did when God made it clear to me. I kept praying because I thought surely I wasn't listening right. I reached out to mentors and friends to help me wade through this decision, but it became really clear that yes, God was telling me to start TWO businesses.
The first business is something I said I would never do.
The second is starting something completely unexpected.
Many of you know that I've been in quite a season of pruning and equipping. It's almost felt like a holding pattern, but it's been so obvious that God is working on my heart. I've been praying that I would honor Him with my life, that I wouldn't get caught up in the the world's definition of success, and that I would stay faithful to where He's called me even when I'm impatient. I've also been praying for MORE faith in Him, to trust Him completely, to be obedient when He calls, and y'all, He called.
For starters, I'm stepping away from a company I worked with for the past 4 years. It feels a little like a breakup where we just grew apart. It also is leaving me with wonderful friends, skills, and invaluable life lessons.
Now for the first business... Victory Life. I've been a personal trainer for 5 years and I always swore I would never make my own fitness program, because what would make me different from everyone else? Well, I know now. I'm making a faith and fitness program, with realistic expectations, multiple calendar options to fit any lifestyle, but most importantly with daily devotional content, prayer, and loving support that is grounded in Jesus. I'm hoping to launch in March/April of 2018 and I couldn't be more excited.
Not two days after Victory Life became a reality in my heart, God showed me another business opportunity, and can I be real? I had a really hard time with this one. You see, it's network marketing. And we all say "ughhhhh". ;)
Most of you know that the previous company I worked with was network marketing, but that I said NO to the opportunity for over 4 years. I have a really hard time with spammy, salesy, pushy MLMs. Don't we all? Not to mention the fact that I was stepping away from one network marketing company to another... I was terrified people would judge me. But, it's where God is calling me and it's a realllllllly good opportunity.
Other than prayer, these are the things that convinced me.
1. It's the ONLY hair care company like it. That means no competition.
2. It's less than 3 years old, which means VERY little market saturation. We all know that person who got in early with such-and-such company and are doing fabulously, right? This is that opportunity.
3. It's non-toxic, naturally based, vegan, cruelty free, no harmful chemicals, no parabens, the list goes on. It's essential oil based and it WORKS. Oily hair? It balances your natural oils. Dry, hair that breaks? It revitalizes the strands and your hair grows. They even have a product that heals 100% of split ends. Blonde look brassy? They have something for that too.
4. They don't spam people. In fact, they encourage us to not post pics of the products, not to mention the name and to only have ear-to-ear conversations. That also means there aren't a million social media pages to manage. It's less content to create. Less opportunity to annoy your friends and family. Less stress doing too much work for too little pay.
5. They give bonuses early on, not just once you hit a certain rank. If you work hard and you hit milestones, you get paid extra. Plain and simple and the goals are completely doable.
6. No minimums, no inventory, no monthly fees, and no parties! I don't really need to explain this do I?
7. Amazing training that works! They give you a proven, specific way to run your business. No guess work needed.
So, basically, it was about as good of an opportunity I could find that fit into me keeping my priorities. God, my family, serving others (Victory Life) and making money to provide for my family and invest in Victory Life.
God made it clear this is where I'm supposed to be. The kicker is that since I've joined as a Market Partner, I've had more conversations about Jesus than ever before. Me stepping out in obedience is encouraging others and I'm so thankful God is using me in this way. The team I'm a part of is HUGE on working their business God's way and keeping Him first. I love it!
I have no idea where these two businesses will take me, but I do know that God will get the glory and He has something for me here. If you feel like He may have something for you here too, send me a message and let's talk. You know me... there is never any pressure, just information. :)
Thank you to everyone who watched my recent announcement video and has encouraged me along the way. Love you! If you haven't seen it, check it out below.